8.17.2010

Collard Green Chips

I made collard green chips after constantly seeing them online as a healthy snack.  And let me tell you, they were sooo good!  I've mostly seen kale chips but I accidentally bought collard greens.  Not sure if there's a huge difference but I really enjoyed these.  There's not much of a recipe and they only take about 15-20 min in the oven (and about 2 minutes to eat). I got my recipe from smitten kitchen, but all you do is rip the leaves into pieces, toss them with some olive oil, and then sprinkle some salt on!  That's it! I made some more today and added a little red pepper powder.  I know they don't look the most appetizing, but the really do come out crisp and yummy.

2 comments:

  1. what a easy recipe. i would have never thought to try it but i bet they are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great. I love smitten kitchen too.
    As I type this I am eating a smitten kitchen cake :)

    ReplyDelete