1.03.2011

Happy New Year

 
Happy 2011! It feels so good to start a new year, even if it's all in your head.  I have lots of ideas that I am so excited to start working on.  Do you keep new year's resolutions? I never really used to until one year I decided I would stop drinking soda.  It was really tough the first couple months; I'd beg my mom to allow me just a sip of her cola (like it was a drug). But by the end of the year I did it!  No more cravings for the carbonated drink. I drink soda every now and then but not nearly the daily basis I used to! Since then, I've realized that I can accomplish a lot if I set my mind to it.  Seriously, quitting soda, as simple as it is, sounded impossible to me at the time.

So here it is, my goals for 2011:
+ Start running. I've never enjoyed running...ever. But I want to see if I can do it. My goal is to run more than one mile non-stop.
+ Be friendlier.  I am a shy person and it comes off rude, but I'm not trying to be!  
+ Take more risks.
+ Take a photo every day.  My friend and I started a joint blog to motivate each other and I'll be posting my photos here as well.
+ Take bread baking more seriously.  I have so many ideas swirling in my head about this.  The Tartine Bread book is so inspirational! 
+ Get better at photography. As in, maybe stop photographing in aperture priority.  Am I a fake if don't use my camera in full manual?
+ Take better care of my appearance.  Just general grooming and upkeep, nothing fancy.  I think I dropped the ball on this last year. For example, I got one hair cut in February and another in December.  To say my hair was really unhealthy and rough and scraggly is an understatement. 

I have a few more things I'd like to accomplish, like moving out, set up my business legitimately, and try doing the no impact experiment, but they aren't quite set in stone like the ones above.  

What are your goals for the new year?

3 comments:

  1. hey Sara, you've got a great list.
    I always say I'll start running but never do. I dont enjoy it. So yesterday I went and bought some dance exercise dvds - so corny! - but I love to dance, so I'm giving that a go. This really ties into your last goal. I need that one too.
    Happy new year x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way as far as the shy thing goes... I guess my natural/blank expression is kind-of angry? I don't know. People always say to me (after getting to know me) "I always thought you hated me at first!" - when I didn't at all!

    and I'm totally not the sort of person people approach because apparently I look like a grump. But I feel like I look like a crazy person if I go around smiling all the time! Oh the difficulties.... hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brigitta - I don't enjoy running either, but I really want to make an effort to try! Haven't made any steps forward yet but I think I'm getting a pair of running shoes this weekend. And as embarrassing as those videos might be, I find them pretty fun! Just as long as its a class/group or I'm alone. We did a "walk away the pounds" video in an exercise class I took. Super lame but I secretly enjoyed it.

    Mallory - My first year of high school there was a guy I had a crush on. He wrote in my yearbook that I should smile more because guys like it when a girl is always smiling, and that I had a nice smile (or something like that). And for the last few weeks of school I smiled ALL the time and no one thought I was crazy, but instead thought I was such a cheerful person. Unfortunately, when I try to do it again I just feel like a fool.

    ReplyDelete