9.21.2010

Mojave

(please click to view larger)
 This past weekend we went on a little trip to Las Vegas to celebrate our anniversary.  I always manage to forget my camera, but not this time.  I often hear from friends that they hate the drive over because all you see is a bunch of nothing, but I love it.  It's so calming to drive through the desert and see all the rocks, mountains, tumble weeds, joshua trees, sand... And as corny as this will sound (going to embarrass myself here) I actually started to cry a little.  Not because it was gorgeous, but because I just can't understand why anyone would want to trash a place like this.  Maybe if people knew about all the beautiful places there were in the world everyone would stop creating so much waste, stop throwing their trash and cigarette buds out their windows, stop using disposable everything, etc etc. 

These photos have really inspired me to take more (local, budget friendly) trips outdoors. I am trying to figure out a quick weekend trip to Big Sur next month; I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment