10.16.2009

Things I Love - October 16


little bits, originally uploaded by simply photo.

// Oh Joy! party at Urbanic Paper last night!  I brought along two of my friends, so it was nice to catch up with them and meet Joy too!  I am a really big fan of all her work, so I was a bit star struck to say the least.  I could hardly get a word out!  But of course she was a total sweetheart and I was so glad to attend her party.

// Rain!  It finally rained in southern california.  Of course everyone forgot how to drive, but the next day the air was nice and clear and traffic miraculously cleared up for a day?!  I love overcast/rainyweather.  As odd as this sounds it makes me really happy; it reminds me of cozying up with tea, a blanket, and a movie!

// I finally caved in and bought a new pair of jeans.  I have been putting it off for over a year now!  I will probably do a separate post on this because the jeans are amazing.  I can't believe I was without them for so long!

// I am going to start on my quilt (!!!) today! It's for a top secret project that I'm really eager to start on.

// Okay, this is one of my most favorite things on my mind as of late--I'm going to Portland, OR next weekend!  My boyfriend and I are taking a small weekend trip up.   It was my goal for the year to finally visit and for my birthday my mom surprised me with tickets!  I am beyond excited.  I have never been, but through the magic of the internet (haha) I've heard so many wonderful things about the place.  I just hope it's not raining too hard when we get there.  My boyfriend is very susceptible to getting sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment