5.10.2010

Mother's Day

Happy Monday!  Hope everyone had a nice weekend and Mother's Day.  Although I worked both days (darn retail), my brother and I managed to plan out a Sunday brunch for Mom.  The menu consisted of mimosas, oysters on the half shell, eggs florentine, and fresh berries and mint with greek yogurt.  I think we were all pleasantly surprised with the result!  My brother shucked the oysters while I made the eggs florentine, something I've never made before.  I even made the hollandaise sauce from scratch and put everything on my own freshly baked brioche!  Unfortunately all my pictures were either very dark or blurry.  I guess I was too hungry to be patient enough to take decent photos!  I did manage one photo of little flower vases I found from Martha Stewart. 

This week I'll be tying up any loose ends before I leave for Australia (8 more days!!!).  I'm so incredibly excited to eat all the delicious food!  Meat pie, scones with jam and double cream (I dream about this all the time, it really doesn't compare to what we have here), tim tams, fresh seafood from the fish market, the list goes on.  I'm also trying to compile a list of places to visit.  If you have any suggestions for the Sydney area, let me know!  I'm already hoping to buy some Mud Australia ceramics and visit the Donna Hay General Store

No comments:

Post a Comment